What's new

Got my printer working through RT-AC68P, but ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have succeeded in getting my HP LaserJet 1320 (no built-in Ethernet) to print while hooked up to my RT-AC68P's USB 2.0 port (see this thread).
However, for some reason the printer will not do multiple copies. If I am printing from Word and tell word to print 5 copies, it will only print a single copy.

Any thoughts?

Bruce

Blame Microsoft or HP. For a long time I've seen the exact same problem with various printers, including our own Laserjet 5000 at work. Seems to be either a bug in Word, or a bug in HP's driver.

I use a brother wireless printer and it works great. I had a HP printer and 2 HP laptops and all 3 are in the garbage now. I'll never for the life of me buy another HP product. Good luck.

Blame Microsoft or HP. For a long time I've seen the exact same problem with various printers, including our own Laserjet 5000 at work. Seems to be either a bug in Word, or a bug in HP's driver.

I've no problems printing multiple copies at work on HP printers. My printer at home worked just fine doing multiple copies from networked laptops when the printer was hooked up to my Windows 7 desktop. It was only when I hooked up the printer directly to the router that it failed to print multiple copies. Not sure how that can be on either MS or HP.

If all else fails, I'll just write a Word macro to send the print command X number of times when I need multiple copies.

Thanks!

Bruce

I use a brother wireless printer and it works great. I had a HP printer and 2 HP laptops and all 3 are in the garbage now. I'll never for the life of me buy another HP product. Good luck.

Interesting. I've worked with HP printers for over 25 years at work and at home and never had issues with them, finding them extremely reliable and easy to use. Have 2 HP laptops and an HP desktop at home and no issues there either.

I also know you can Google "[enter brand here] sucks" and see all sorts of complaints about whatever brand you decide to type. Sorry for your bad experience with HP and glad you are happy with your Brother printer.

Thanks!

Bruce

I've no problems printing multiple copies at work on HP printers. My printer at home worked just fine doing multiple copies from networked laptops when the printer was hooked up to my Windows 7 desktop. It was only when I hooked up the printer directly to the router that it failed to print multiple copies. Not sure how that can be on either MS or HP.

If all else fails, I'll just write a Word macro to send the print command X number of times when I need multiple copies.

Thanks!

Bruce

I knew I had seen a fix somewhere to this...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-...rint-multiple-copies-on-Windows-7/td-p/181367

That issue is rather well-known with HP printers if you do a Google search for "Word cannot print multiple pages HP printers". This fix however isn't as widely known (and I had even forgotten about it by now).

I knew I had seen a fix somewhere to this...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-...rint-multiple-copies-on-Windows-7/td-p/181367

That issue is rather well-known with HP printers if you do a Google search for "Word cannot print multiple pages HP printers". This fix however isn't as widely known (and I had even forgotten about it by now).

You beat me to it! Although this link has a picture:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printi...ple-copies/m-p/4903265/highlight/true#M128802

It worked just fine! I can now print multiple copies!

Bruce

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!