What's new

Gotta Love CES Dlink AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If only D-Link made routers that don't drop the connection every other hour...

The 890 is TERRIBLE at keeping a stable connection. Had it for 4 days, hated it.

Last edited:
Asus forum :p

It is certainly an interesting design. Another interesting 'router'

Hi,
Looks like house with many chimneys, must be getting hot inside, LOL!

I'm not much of a tech person but many of my friends are and they're saying that this AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router is supposedly really good....am excited to try this out since it promises speed which is what i'm needing right now :)

I tested it out and was impressed overall, particularly for range compared to an Apple Time Capsule AC (AC1750). Likely due to the external antenna design on the D-Link. I'd say am improvement of about 8%.

Performance was essentially the same on all my AC clients, as I was expecting, with the benefit of hitting a few extra parts of the home with usable WiFi.

Would have kept it if it actually supported Apple's HFS+ format/Time Machine support. Returned it for this reason. Disk performance was excellent when transferring data between Windows systems however. So if you don't have any Mac's, it's something to consider.

I only had it for about 3 days, so, I never got to experience any notable long term issues that could be plaguing it.

Check out the PCmag review they stated this is the best and fastest router out to date.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2478077,00.asp
Sure it tops all other routers at 5 feet , because everybody uses a wireless router for those huge 5 foot distances ! 5 feet I'd use a cable , why even test wireless at 5 feet ? And just squeaks past the Asus at 30 feet 82 to 81.7 , not significant and would like to see the test setup and procedure . To many variables with wireless .

Sure it tops all other routers at 5 feet , because everybody uses a wireless router for those huge 5 foot distances ! 5 feet I'd use a cable , why even test wireless at 5 feet ? And just squeaks past the Asus at 30 feet 82 to 81.7 , not significant and would like to see the test setup and procedure . To many variables with wireless .

That's why I have the 68P for $169.99 over the DLink AC3200 for $310.00. Another gimmick to steal peoples money.

That's why I have the 68P for $169.99 over the DLink AC3200 for $310.00. Another gimmick to steal peoples money.
Have never really liked Dlink , had a few of them but they had FW problems , only Dlink I've kept and still have in use is the DAP 1522 , been going strong for 6+ years trouble free , been running 24/7 streaming and transferring files @290MB/s . Surprised it has lasted so long !

Have never really liked Dlink , had a few of them but they had FW problems , only Dlink I've kept and still have in use is the DAP 1522 , been going strong for 6+ years trouble free , been running 24/7 streaming and transferring files @290MB/s . Surprised it has lasted so long !

That's good bro. I had a DIR-655 and DIR-615 and never liked any of them. Got rid of them in a hurry.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!