What's new

GT-AC5300 reboot after signature update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dwadj

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

I'm running the GT-AC5300 with firmware 9.0.0.4.386_41994.
Since a month it runs very stable and no interrupts or problems.
However, when a signature update is happening, the router seems to do some sort of reboot, (I have Qos enabled and this behaviour was also there on previous firmwares) and in the middle of a meeting that's quite annoying....
Anybody any idea how to disable the auto signature update? Or set it to manual?

Anybody any idea how to disable the auto signature update?
You can't.

Signature updates generally occur between 2am and 3am, so make sure the router`s clock is set properly. If it is, then your problem is not related to signature updates.

You can't.

Signature updates generally occur between 2am and 3am, so make sure the router`s clock is set properly. If it is, then your problem is not related to signature updates.
Hi Merlin,

Strange, because the routers time is correct and set automatically by pool.ntp.org. (timezone GMT+1)
In the system log setting the time and date are correct displayed....
I was doing Teams call when suddenly the call dropped to network issue...
When checking i saw the wireless connection was lost at 2021/03/04 15:33 ....
Now guess what's there on the administration page -> firmware update next to Signature version.....
That's not really between 2am and 3am, but right in the middle of the day...

1615567434665.png

That's not really between 2am and 3am, but right in the middle of the day...
Could be because something caused your router to reboot. Signatures would also get updated at boot time.

Could be because something caused your router to reboot. Signatures would also get updated at boot time.
Mmm could be,
However when i notice this kind of reboot, it always goes along with a signature update.... and the log doesn't say anything special..., but i'm not an expert on this matter.
I also must say the GT-ac5300 on paper looks really good, but it did take some years for Asus to make this router stable.... if i do compare it with my RT-ac68u.
Still today 2.4 g band is not that stable as the 5G bands...., but it again improved with the 386 versions...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!