What's new

GT-ax11000 PRO weird issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

velacooks

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

Not super well versed in all things networking.

Got an AI mesh set up in my house with the GT-ax11000 pro as the primary router supported by two Zen XT6 in an ai mesh set up. One xt6 is connected by lan, the other wirelessly.

All was working fine for a couple of months now but lately there's an increasing problem where certain devices will be connected to the wifi network and not receive any data and/or are unable to connect to the network at all.

Mainly right now 2 iphones, half my sonos sound system, 3/12 smart lightbulbs. Separately or coincidentally i've also been unable to add a new AX6000 node onto a the network. Things that work fine are 3 smart tvs, everything connected via Lan, google home devices (except the 3 xiaomi lightbulbs) 9 wifi cameras.

I've updated the firmware for everything and also disconnected the two XT6 nodes and the problem still remains so it does seem to indicate that it is an issue with the AX1100 pro.

Any ideas how to further troubleshoot or is it indeed an issue with the GT-AX11000 where i'll have to take it back to Asus?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @velacooks.

When you originally configured the GT-AX11000 Pro, did you use a saved backup config file from a previous router?

Welcome to the forums @velacooks.

When you originally configured the GT-AX11000 Pro, did you use a saved backup config file from a previous router?
Yes I did.

It was originally from one of the XT6 nodes which was the primary router before I got my AX11000 pro.

I created a new network with the AX1100 Pro, uploaded the backup log and then it auto connected with the other two nodes which out issues. Mainly took this route to avoid having to re-setup all the smart home devices.

I did this back in December. Problem only surfaced about a week ago.

Last edited:
That's the wrong thing to do.

It is guaranteed to have issues, sooner or later.

I would fully reset the router (using all three methods) and Minimally and Manually configure the router to connect to your ISP and secure the router.

Do the same to the units you use as nodes too.

Do not ever use a saved backup config file from one router to another. Particularly not from one model to another, and not even for the same model router to an otherwise identical model either. Bad things will begin.

Roger that.

Will give it a shot in the coming days.

But apart from that, any other possible things come to mind? I mean i really want to avoid doing the reset to everything and only to find it doesn't solve the issue.

That's the wrong thing to do.

It is guaranteed to have issues, sooner or later.

I would fully reset the router (using all three methods) and Minimally and Manually configure the router to connect to your ISP and secure the router.

Do the same to the units you use as nodes too.

Do not ever use a saved backup config file from one router to another. Particularly not from one model to another, and not even for the same model router to an otherwise identical model either. Bad things will begin.
Oh thanks for the advice.

One more thing, I can't seem to find a solid answer on google. If I did the reset of the network, any idea if the smart devices will auto reconnect if i named used the old network's name and password? I have a few outdoor mounted cameras where I don't want to climb out and manually reset them. This is really the main friction point.

Use the same SSIDs to connect your old/existing devices automatically.

If you have issues with certain devices, reset them, power them off, and re-associate them individually.

If more than a handful of devices need this though, I would make new SSIDs following the recommendations from the link below.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!