What's new

Hello guys

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CutePinkSox

New Around Here
Hi there,

I am on the market to buy a new NAS I owned the Thecus N5500 and found the performance to be very good in terms of transfers, not always 100% stable but good nevertheless.

Now I am torn between the QNAP TS 439 - QNAP TS 509

These seem to be very good performers and the AJAX web interface to come is refreshing.

I have hours of research but now its time ask... in terms of performance will the TS 509 around have a write speed that is 40% faster than the TS 409.

4 or 5 drives is fine for me and not the deciding factor - the deciding factor is network performance for streaming, file transfers etc.

Bottom line which one of these faster and if so by how much as I have not been able to find any real concrete stats at all.

Thanks in advance.:eek:

I can't tell you until I test the TS439, which won't be anytime soon.
QNAP is sending a TS639 Pro first (and a TS 509 Pro for retest with our new test platform).

Okay many thanks for the update.

The 439 and 509 there is only 60 pound difference... I need speed so I am torn between these two... I read such mixed reviews... some say the 439 beat the 509 but how is that possible with when 439 is atom based and 509 a celeron ???

Just 12 days left till I purchase... somebody throw me a lifeline pls LOL and I will share all my findings with the NAS I end up choosing...

Any thoughts suggestions?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!