What's new

Help about QNAP file system crash

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amilkar

New Around Here
Hey folks, my name is Amilkar, & I have a very seriuos problem. I really apreciate any help.

I have for some time QNAP TS-419P II, set up with RAID5, with 4 1TB hdd, & so far everything worked perfect. But, two days ago, it crash.

The main issue is that almost all the files that I have on it changed their extension adding .hoihutl

for example:
file CTTO PROFORMA CONDIC PARTICULARES Ctto 9134 PASIrev1.DOC

change to:
CTTO PROFORMA CONDIC PARTICULARES Ctto 9134 PASIrev1.DOC.hoihutl

this it ths same for PDF, TEXT, JPG and others... not all the file have been altered.

I noted that one hdd have been crash. Now this HDD marked out as "Ready" and in the Current Disk Volume Configuration : Logical Volumes say that its "Rebuilding".

I have very important info on that NAS, so I need to deal with this problem and get my info.

Once again, I really apreciate any tips.

Thank's.

I am assuming that you didn't have backups of your data. Did you have any port forwarding/external access enabled on your qnap?

Are you on the most current QTS version? Another possible cause could be that your NAS was breached.