What's new

Help! Big problem with RT N66U [SOLVED]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T4xus

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an Asus RT N66U since few years and never had a problem with it. But, a few days ago, I have done an firmware upgrade and after that, the display of the routeur had a problem. I have taken a screenshoot : index.png

Despite this problem, the routeur was still fonctional, all seemed to work fine. But I cannot change anything else, because I cannot navigate in the menu because of the display that doesn't work...

So I had the idea to perform a firmware downgrade to fix the problem (I had copy-paste the adress of the "FirmwareUpgrade menu" that I found on Google), but when I want to load the file, it doesn't work : I can load the file but not apply (the button doesn't work neither "enter").

So I decided to do a hard reset : it is worse, the router doesn't work at all and the display has the same problem...

I have checked with an another PC and it is the same problem

What can I do? Is the router briked?

Thank you

T4xus

Attachments

• Index.png
    Index.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 543
  • FirmwareUpgrade.png
    FirmwareUpgrade.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 353
The French dictionary file is broken in some of the recent firmware versions. Switch to an English UI for now, or switch to a recent beta release.

I cannot swith to an another firmware, it doesn't work... First : to reach the right menu, I need use the adress bar of Firefox, because I cannot browse in the router menu. And when I try to change the fw, I can load the file but I cannot apply : the button doesn't work and when I press enter it doesn't work too...

I cannot swith to an another firmware, it doesn't work... First : to reach the right menu, I need use the adress bar of Firefox, because I cannot browse in the router menu. And when I try to change the fw, I can load the file but I cannot apply : the button doesn't work and when I press enter it doesn't work too...

Then switch to a browser configured to run in English as the default language - that will give you back access to the router's webui.

You can also use Asus's Firmware Recovery tool to flash a firmware while in recovery mode.

I used the method with a browser in english, it works :)
Fast and efficient!
Thank you very much!!!