What's new

Help choosing NAS - confused

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

centdefender

New Around Here
Hello all,

I`m somewhat of a noob although i have been reading a lot on the forum, and would really appreciate your help.

my objectives for the NAS are to store documents, photos and mainly use it to stream films and tv shows in 1080.

i have an asus rt-n66u router already and intend to buh a couple amazon fire tv sticks to stream the media to a couple of tvs around the house. id like to do this using the kodi interface on the fire stick.

would appreciate your recommendation on what unit will suit me. i have been looking at synology and qnap, but not too sure which product will suit my needs. i dont want to buy a ferrari if a mini will do!

thanks for your help

Hello all,

I`m somewhat of a noob although i have been reading a lot on the forum, and would really appreciate your help.

my objectives for the NAS are to store documents, photos and mainly use it to stream films and tv shows in 1080.

i have an asus rt-n66u router already and intend to buh a couple amazon fire tv sticks to stream the media to a couple of tvs around the house. id like to do this using the kodi interface on the fire stick.

would appreciate your recommendation on what unit will suit me. i have been looking at synology and qnap, but not too sure which product will suit my needs. i dont want to buy a ferrari if a mini will do!

thanks for your help
Did you try using the router's storage sharing feature?