What's new

Help me get remote support working over OpenVPN please!

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 27741

Hey all, I have been trying to make something work and I just can't figure it out. I am guessing some of you can.

I have employee PCs using a reverse connection (ultravnc) to my home laptop PC for remote support. I am using port triggering on the N66U to open the desired port. When I want to connect to a remote employee PC I trigger the port and run vncviewer.

Problem- I am not always at home. Although I know I could use other services to remotely connect, I would still like to connect using my own nerd power. I would like to connect to the N66U OpenVPN server (I use TAP), trigger a port open, and run vncviewer to remotely connect.

I have set up the OpenVPN to redirect all traffic and have set up a config-client-dir file to use the same IP address that I use at home (though theoretically this should not be necessary as the port trigger should go to the IP that triggers the port). I thought this would work "like I'm at home." Not so.

I have tried using port forwarding to simplify things, so it is not an issue with port triggering specifically. I use the exact same laptop at home and away. Does anyone know what am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator: