What's new

Help me set up my network (ax92u - 2xac66u B1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TonyKO

New Around Here
I have been pretty happy with my setup consisting of ac66u b1 main router on merlins frimware and another ac66u b1 on dd-wrt in client mode to extend wifi range. For a while I have been thinking of upgrading the main to get better vpn performance and maybe run adblock, torrent and samba server in addition.

Black friday rolls up and on impulse I pick up the ax92u thinking it will suit me well. I hook it up and set up openvpn client to check the performance. I get around 100mbits which is a good improvement so I am happy so far. Then i look for the settings to set up conditions for the vpn client and cant find them. Ok, I realize stock asus firmware does not have the functionality i need so i go to download merlin. Ooops, no merlin support for this router. This means I can not use the ax92u as my main router as I need to be able to selectively route through the vpn.

I could return the ax92u, but I like the vpn performance and got such a good price on it that I would prefer to keep it and use it as a vpn server and client. How can I set this up the best way?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!