What's new

Help Me VLAN Home Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

venno

New Around Here
Hi All

I have recently upgraded my router to a pfsense box and purchased a second switch. I would like to segregate my traffic based on function and security implications, hence the addition of a DMZ. I don't know too much about vlan implementation but would appreciate any help in developing a vlan plan for my proposed network:

http://i.imgur.com/vUhVTuB.jpg

cheers

cool setup.....(sorry I am not answering your question. but I am interested to see the responses you get).

What do you need the second ESXi server for? Also the second NAS?
I assume you use the NAS in the DMZ for uploading and downloading stuff when you are away from home in order to avoid opening ports to the important NAS. Would using a VPN connection not solve this problem?

The ESXi server and NAS are singular, just showing the connections to them.

Yes the NAS does run WAN related services over the DMZ, ports would still be forwarded as the DMZ is not traditional one (all ports open).

VPN not required for NAS as I am using usenet which is SSL connections, will never use torrents as the protocol is unsecure (hence needing a VPN).