What's new

Help please...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

et0609

New Around Here
Hello, new member asking for some help please. My setup isnt working and I was hoping someone can tell me why?

I have a wireless router/ADSL modem giving dual band wifi. This works fine
I have a 3G router with wifi and this works fine.
I have a network switch with numerous devices plugged in.
I have a load balancing router. This works fne.

I have my ADSL and 3G routers connected via WAN to the load balancing router and this is balancing the 2 internets ok.

My problem is that I have 2 wifi networks. If I connect to either, the load balancing router is not giving me the internet through wifi - I have to connect my laptop to the load balancing router with a cable which is no good for me. If I connect to either wifi, I just get the internet from that wifi device.

I want to be able to have a single wifi network, connected to the load balancing router so I get the 2 internets through wifi and have my LAN switch also connected so all my devices can access the internet.

Any ideas on how I need to set this up please?

Thanks

Hello, new member asking for some help please. My setup isnt working and I was hoping someone can tell me why?

I have a wireless router/ADSL modem giving dual band wifi. This works fine
I have a 3G router with wifi and this works fine.
I have a network switch with numerous devices plugged in.
I have a load balancing router. This works fne.

I have my ADSL and 3G routers connected via WAN to the load balancing router and this is balancing the 2 internets ok.

My problem is that I have 2 wifi networks. If I connect to either, the load balancing router is not giving me the internet through wifi - I have to connect my laptop to the load balancing router with a cable which is no good for me. If I connect to either wifi, I just get the internet from that wifi device.

I want to be able to have a single wifi network, connected to the load balancing router so I get the 2 internets through wifi and have my LAN switch also connected so all my devices can access the internet.

Any ideas on how I need to set this up please?

Thanks
Are you trying to load balance between the 3G cell and the ADSL ISPs or do QOS on your network ?

did you check the wifi routers that they are not using vlans, guest networks, or any sort of segmentation?
Is DHCP server turned off on them and theres no extra NAT or routing going on?

Have you tried just 1 device plugged into the router to test if load balancing works?

Im not really up to speed with the settings. The load balancing isnt working. My ADSL is 2 meg and the 3G is about 8 meg but the load balancing is giving me a speed of just over 1 meg so it doesnt appear to be using the faster of the two. As both routers do wifi, im seeing 2 wifi networks but I was wanting to have a single wifi network that the load balancing router will take care of and my network devices can all use. So I have the ADSL and 3G router connected to 2 WAN ports on the load balancing router, and also a switch connected to a LAN port on the LBR and my devices connected to the switch. It doesnt appear to be doing what I anticipated. I dont think the routers are using VLAN. The 3G router does have DHCP enabled.

No, I would prefer the 3G as the main internet as its much faster. Will look at these tomorrow, Thanks for your help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!