What's new

HELP RT-AX88U no wifi signal after power cycle

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KTD24

Occasional Visitor
Hi, Any one can help to take a look the log file. I just bought it 2 - 3 days ago. It was running ok until I decided power cycle it. After the router restarted, there is no any wifi signal including 2.4 and 5G. I tried soft reboot - hard reboot....
The light of 5G is blinking but there is no signal, the light of 2.4 is totally off.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    60.9 KB · Views: 445
I would factory reset it and set it up again. (Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds with the router already powered on. Then release the button and wait for it to start up.)

I would factory reset it and set it up again. (Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds with the router already powered on. Then release the button and wait for it to start up.)
I did 3 times already. After the router restarted, 2.4G still has no light and there is no any signal at all (5G and 2.4G).

I did 3 times already. After the router restarted, 2.4G still has no light and there is no any signal at all (5G and 2.4G).
Ax88U's wireless is a little bit buggy, disable AX wireless temporarily, change channels in the wireless properties to settle it down.

Still the same.. Below is Wifi Blog:

SSID: "Home2G"
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -100 dBm Channel: 5l
BSSID: 0C:9D:92:03:D2:E8 Capability: ESS ShortSlot
Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]
VHT Capable:
Chanspec: 2.4GHz channel 7 40MHz (0x1807)
Primary channel: 5
HT Capabilities: 40Mhz SGI20 SGI40
Supported MCS : [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ]
VHT Capabilities:
Supported VHT (tx) Rates:
NSS: 1 MCS: 0-9
NSS: 2 MCS: 0-9
NSS: 3 MCS: 0-9
NSS: 4 MCS: 0-9
Supported VHT (rx) Rates:
HE Capabilities:
Supported HE (tx) Rates:
80 Mhz:
NSS: 1 MCS: 0-11
NSS: 2 MCS: 0-11
NSS: 3 MCS: 0-11
NSS: 4 MCS: 0-11
Supported HE (rx) Rates:
80 Mhz:
Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode : AP Only
Stations List
----------------------------------------
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
Not associated. Last associated with

Still the same.. Below is Wifi Blog:

SSID: "Home2G"
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -100 dBm Channel: 5l
BSSID: 0C:9D:92:03:D2:E8 Capability: ESS ShortSlot
Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]
VHT Capable:
Chanspec: 2.4GHz channel 7 40MHz (0x1807)
Primary channel: 5
HT Capabilities: 40Mhz SGI20 SGI40
Supported MCS : [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ]
VHT Capabilities:
Supported VHT (tx) Rates:
Supported VHT (rx) Rates:
HE Capabilities:
Supported HE (tx) Rates:
80 Mhz:
Supported HE (rx) Rates:
80 Mhz:
Interference Level: Acceptable
Stations List
----------------------------------------
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
Not associated. Last associated with
The front right panel of this router have two switches, make sure you didn't accidentally press the radio switch off the other switch is for the lights.

There where many AX88 that had radio failures apparently you got one of them. Return for refund.

I found something today. If I power the router off and on too fast, the issues will come. If I leave the router abbout 10 mins then power on again everything will be good to go. Any one got same issue?

I found something today. If I power the router off and on too fast, the issues will come. If I leave the router abbout 10 mins then power on again everything will be good to go. Any one got same issue?

Sorry I did not see this post yesterday, so I could have helped you. My ax88 has exactly the same problem for which I posted the same solution in a post back in may. For if it may help you, you can avoid the 10 minutes wait just by unplugging the router and pressing the power on button 3-4 times while unplugged. The plugging it in and press power on button again to get it started.

Last edited:
I tried. It works like a charm. Just wondering what actually happens? Is the firmware issue or hardware problem? I intend to bring it to service center to let them check but not sure they can find out anything.

I tried. It works like a charm. Just wondering what actually happens? Is the firmware issue or hardware problem? I intend to bring it to service center to let them check but not sure they can find out anything.
I guess it is a matter of fully discharging the circiuts (capacitors and so on). I would not bring it to service center just for that. as long as you know what to do after powering it off, it is just a minor annoyance.

After a short power outage you end up with router down, may be a problem if you are not at home.
Similar to RT-AC86U which will hang after reboot, not all the time but more or less often.

After a short power outage you end up with router down, may be a problem if you are not at home.
Similar to RT-AC86U which will hang after reboot, not all the time but more or less often.

Yes. You are right that this scenario (a <10 sec power outage and not at home) can cause a problem.

10 seconds is ok but this is 10 minutes. Should i bring it to service center to ask for a replacement? Just wondering what if they try to fix it instead of giving me a replacement and i will have to wait for a long time.

Right, I confused mins and secs, however I'd make a test, since most likely it is not the same a switched off unit than a unit that simply is connected and switched on to a non powered line. In the later case it may very well be that the *unpowered* line allows for the router circuits to fully discharge faster.. just like when you have the power button pressed and the unit is unplugged. (i.e the 10 minutes may not exist in this particular situation)

Oh that is true. I will try your way to see how long dose the router need to fully discharge.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!