What's new

Help troubleshooting my AC68U / strange problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Begotten

Occasional Visitor
Hi, is there anyone can help me or guide me on how to troubleshoot my new AC68U? Since my purchase, my new router freeze/turns itself down about 1-2 times a week. It needs a power off/on to restart.

When it shuts down by itself, I’m losing every connection, wired and wifi. (I can’t go to the 192.168.1.1 page, or ping its address).

I tried the latest firmware from asus (3.0.0.4.378.4585) and the latest from Merlin (378.53) and it’s happening in both firmwares.

I looked in the log, and I can’t see anything particular.

When it’s working correctly I have some devices connected on both 2.5 and 5 GHz, 2 computers on the wired connection and 1 USB 3 drive attached to the USB 3 port (Samba and mediaserver are “on”). I didn’t change any settings from the “default” configuration. (I only tried the option : disable usb interference, it didn’t work).

Do I have a defective device?

Please, can anyone help me troubleshooting my router?

Last edited:
Hi, is there anyone can help me or guide me on how to troubleshoot my new AC68U? Since my purchase, my new router freeze/turns itself down about 1-2 times a week. It needs a power off/on to restart.

When it shuts down by itself, I’m losing every connection, wired and wifi. (I can’t go to the 192.168.1.1 page, or ping its address).

I tried the latest firmware from asus (3.0.0.4.378.4585) and the latest from Merlin (378.53) and it’s happening in both firmwares.

I looked in the log, and I can’t see anything particular.

When it’s working correctly I have some devices connected on both 2.5 and 5 GHz, 2 computers on the wired connection and 1 USB 3 drive attached to the USB 3 port (Samba and mediaserver are “on”). I didn’t change any settings from the “default” configuration. (I only tried the option : disable usb interference, it didn’t work).

Do I have a defective device?

Please, can anyone help me troubleshooting my router?
Sounds like it could be overheating. Is there anyway that you could put a small fan near the unit ti see if that helps? If it does that will confirm that it is defective.

Thanks, for your answer,
I'll test this later.

Any others idea?

Thanks