What's new

Help with Firewall and Ping Monitor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gmangt4

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I've been having issues trying to get the Think Broadband BQM running on my sky fibre connection, I have a HG612 connected to an Asus AC68U running Merlin firmware.
Issue is the BQM shows a strange graph unless my Xbox One is on, the Xbox is in the DMZ to get open NAT so that leads me to think its firewall related but I've tried it with both IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls off but still the same.
I would appreciate any feedback, do I need to open ports as don't see any way to allow the URL through the firewall.
I've attached a snapshot below for folks to look at, the gaps in the red is when my Xbox is on.
Respond to ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN is enabled
Thanks in advance

I also had it running using a W9970 in bridge mode and has exact same pattern.

My Broadband Ping

There's your answer.
Thanks for the reply, reason for DMZ is I have 2 XB1's and needed to port forward one and DMZ the other to allow both to play in same multi player lobby and party chat.
I've disabled the DMZ and letting UPnP handle it but my 2 xbox's can't join one another now and the BQM graph has remained the same...is it because both have fixed IP address?

If you have disabled the DMZ and still have "Respond to ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN" enabled that should be all that's necessary. However... I noticed only the other day that the way Think Broadband BQM works is rather odd. You need to completely reboot the router for BQM to start working again. It's not sufficient to just apply the changes in the router's GUI.

Ok, I never rebooted as trying to get a gap in this house can be near impossible, when internet down the world has ended in this house lol I restarted the one xbox left connected but will reboot when I can and report back, your help is appreciated.

Which firmware version are you running you should be able to get two xboxes running with open nat, via upnp alone on 380.66 thats where merlin first fixed upnp but 380.67 is perfectly fine and inclues new upnp fixes its the version you should be running. Also remove the static ips on the xboxes shouldnt need them.

Hi, I'm on 380.67, the weird pattern stopped on the graph after disabling instant on and the graph just went total red, so I did as prev poster said and disabled DMZ and I have unplugged one XB1 and left my main one online, I still have the fixed IP address but I didn't reboot after applying the changes, so when I got a gap I rebooted the router as advised to see if that sorts my issue, the XB still connected has open NAT and can join multiplayer games/teams no bother, if my graph issue goes I will then hook up the 2nd XB and try to join same game lobby as each other...hopefully Merlin has sorted it as without his work then I don't think I would buy Asus.

Last edited:
Sorry if off topic but Activision say Blops 3 uses these ports on PS4, I hope that helps
  • TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3480
  • UDP:
  • TCP and UDP: 3478-3479, 3074, 3075
thats for ps4, and it only uses 3074, all the other ports are for if 3074 is not open it will translate 3074 though that port. Check the upnp log to see if it doesnt use 27017

thats for ps4, and it only uses 3074, all the other ports are for if 3074 is not open it will translate 3074 though that port. Check the upnp log to see if it doesnt use 27017
Sorry I have 2 windows open and posted that on wrong one, you where just too speedy before I corrected it, it was for the QOS thread with the guy talking ports on BLOPS 3 and PS4

If you have disabled the DMZ and still have "Respond to ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN" enabled that should be all that's necessary. However... I noticed only the other day that the way Think Broadband BQM works is rather odd. You need to completely reboot the router for BQM to start working again. It's not sufficient to just apply the changes in the router's GUI.

Looks like you where bang on with the reboot, powered router off and on and now my BQM is behaving nicely, just need to try 2 XB1's together later, cheers!