What's new

Help with my AC68U set up!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Specious

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I'm moving into a new place and trying to set up my home network and running into a problem.

I have fibre at my home and the telco provided a janky looking Optical Network Router (ONR) made by Huawei (HG8244H). I bought an ASUS RT-AC68U and was planning to set up Network Place (Samba) Share with a USB 1TB WD HDD connected to it. Setting up the wifi to run was easy, but there are several problems with my set up...

Problem #1: Network Terminal Router does not allow me to run in bridge mode.

This forces me to run the AC68U in AP mode. I had to turn off DHCP too on my ASUS. No biggie.

Problem #2: Connecting my Desktop.

Given the set up at my place, all LAN connections have to connect to the Network Terminal Router. So, the AC68U has to connect to LAN 1 of the ONR and my Desktop has to connect to LAN 2.

Given (1) and (2), we are now lead to Problem #3:

My Desktop is unable to see all the shared devices that are connected to the AC68U. Even though my phone and laptop are able to access the USB HDD and my WIFI printer, my desktop cannot see them.

So here is my question: Is there a way I can keep this set up while allowing my Desktop to see all devices that are connected to the AC68U? I've attached a screenshot of what I see when I connect into the ONR.

Attachments

• HG8244H.png.ab37738505bb26261de725bfac4ebd78.png
    HG8244H.png.ab37738505bb26261de725bfac4ebd78.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 411
Are you sure you have changed the Asus to "AP mode" (Administration > Operation Mode)? It sounds like it is still in "router mode" which would explain your problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!