What's new

Here is my experience with 3.0.0.4.384_45149

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Swistheater

Very Senior Member
SO... on RT-AC5300 smart connect for tri-band gets downgraded to dual band. that is my first notice.
I have RT-AC5300 as my main router AIMESH router.
Three RT-AC68 Nodes
and One RT-AC3100 Node
All nodes are backed by wired connection wired backhaul.
Main router has two nodes with same wireless name and the third band has a separate 5G name b/c it has became the wireless backhaul from what I can tell when the connections first start they start with the fronthaul 5G-1 band and then quickly transition to the backhaul 5G-2 the only down side I have experienced is the router no longer supports tri-band smart connect in this state and has switched to a dual band smart connect which is shared between the 2.4G connection and the 5G-1 connection. there is nothing wrong with this functionality wise. the channel on all the nodes transitions to the 5G-2 channel and retains the 5G-1 name. I have not tested how this will function with a triband node or how this will function if I remove the wired backhaul.
Note: before this I was using three separate bands without smart connect enabled at all. I have noticed stronger support for smart connect with this new firmware. the only down side of smart connect enabled is the 2.4G connection is slightly slower or hindered.

also --- 5G-1 refuses to have same name as 5G-2

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!