What's new

High android wifi related wakelocks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OBENZ

Regular Contributor
Ever since I started using my 86u (be it official or asus Merlin FW) my Android phones are being kept awake due to high wifi wakelocks confirmed by using BBS. I'm suspecting different settings but dunno if or how they affect wifi performance. First I think aicloud is broadcasting packets to all devices but I want to be able to mount the USB shared hdds on networks to be able to stream on my network. If I disabled it would I still able to use the NAS functionality?
2- not sure about what I should disable amongst these services, igmp snooping, ampdu rts, wmm apsd, beamforming, Universal beamforming and tx bursting.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Android Kernel Wakelocks are generally because of apps on the device - look at apps that need to sync to services in the cloud (facebook for example).

Not sure if any of the items you mention would help there, and disabling some might make your problem worse, not better.

Have you tested with a never used SSID? Simply set one up in the Guest network (and allow intranet access if needed) and make sure to 'forget' the original SSID(s) during the testing.

Have you tested with a never used SSID? Simply set one up in the Guest network (and allow intranet access if needed) and make sure to 'forget' the original SSID(s) during the testing.
I did create a new guest Network with intranet disabled just to make sure I don't get any upnp packets still experiencing these damn wakelocks so I'm guessing it's something to do with my apps

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk