What's new

High CPU Usage on 1 core after router online for awhile

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

scutzi128

Occasional Visitor
Hey I'm having an issue when after the router has been online for awhile (usually a few weeks) the usage on core one will be at a steady 100%. This is an issue for me because it reduces my bandwidth over my VP connection when it is in this state. Also when this occurs if I try to restart from the webui the router will hang and will need to be power cycled. This is also an issue because the router is located 40 min away at my parents house. I am running 384.3 firmware and when I installed it a few months back I did a factory reset and re-setup. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that might help me solve. Thanks!

cpu usage.PNG

top.PNG

I am running 384.3 firmware

I found problem #1. Please always update to the latest firmware as there is a good chance issues have been resolved since.

I had a similar problem a while back when I was trying WTFast Gameboost feature on a AC86U.
Issue stopped when I stopped using WTFast

Almost a year later, I can confirm this issue still exists on AC86U: when running WTFast CPU usage increases markedly on both cores. Both Merlin and stock firmware.