What's new

Home page difficult to navigate on a phone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dingo99

New Around Here
I realize this may be resolution-dependent, but on my phone, it's very difficult to scroll past "Latest Reviews" because that section allows only horizontal movement. It's quite jarring to be scrolling down the page and suddenly find that my vertical gestures are being ignored.

The section consists of four very tall rows, so it's even possible to get into a state where the reviews cover the entire screen, making it near-impossible to scroll to any other part of the page or even see the last row of reviews (screenshot from Chrome attached).

While I enjoy this site's content, this issue usually frustrates me enough to give up and browse elsewhere. I'm hoping that something could be done to make the navigation more friendly. At least, maybe consider removing one row of reviews?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-19-22-40-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-22-40-38.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 603
This is a minor problem. It's easily worked around by a flick to "coast" the screen past the problem area. I'll look at better solutions in the meantime. Also, you can use the mobile menu at top left to get directly to any section.

On both Firefox and Chrome, an up/down flick inside the "Latest Reviews" prison always scrolls up, regardless of the direction of the gesture. Fixing that would be a step in the right direction.

You flick above the latest reviews, not in it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!