What's new

how does merlin openvpn policy work?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

osker246

Occasional Visitor
So I am currently trying to my rt-ac66u to tunnel my NAS through the private internet access servers. I have the VPN set up perfectly on my router and can tunnel all my network traffic through the VPN. But I really only want to tunnel my NAS through it to use it as a download station. I change the setting to policy rule and choose my NAS and point it to the VPN server but it does not work. I have tested this method on my PCs and the IP ends up being the same. Am I doing this incorrectly?

I have seen various threads here pointing to using scripts for such things but that is way beyond my technical knowledge and don't even know where to begging with that.

So I am currently trying to my rt-ac66u to tunnel my NAS through the private internet access servers. I have the VPN set up perfectly on my router and can tunnel all my network traffic through the VPN. But I really only want to tunnel my NAS through it to use it as a download station. I change the setting to policy rule and choose my NAS and point it to the VPN server but it does not work. I have tested this method on my PCs and the IP ends up being the same. Am I doing this incorrectly?

I have seen various threads here pointing to using scripts for such things but that is way beyond my technical knowledge and don't even know where to begging with that.
Source is the NAS IP. Leave the destination empty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That was my problem. I was filling the destination area with an IP. Now everything works great! Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!