What's new

How to change WAN static IP via telnet on RT-AC66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marv

New Around Here
Hi All,

Operation Mode:Wireless router Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_3264
old WAN IP > 111.222.333.444/29
new WAN IP > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/29

I tried following:

marv@RT-AC66U:/# ip addr del 111.222.333.444/29 dev eth0
marv@RT-AC66U:/# ip addr add aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/29 brd aaa.bbb.ccc.eee dev eth0
marv@RT-AC66U:/#

Everything looks ok on the first sight but there is something more which needs to be done and I don't know what it is. I can see on Network Map page Internet status > Connected, but there is no IP, and on WAN page there is still old static WAN IP. I tried to reboot the router after above commands as well, IP reverted back to the old one.

Thanks a mil.

Why not setting it through the GUI?
Advanced Settings>WAN
Set it to WAN Connection Type = Static IP, and go ahead.

the IP Route package (which ip addr is part of) just changes the real-time config, and doesn't commit the change to NVRAM (or JFFS for some) - so it's nice for a quick check...

Why not setting it through the GUI?
Advanced Settings>WAN
Set it to WAN Connection Type = Static IP, and go ahead.
Hi, I know it's easy to do it via GUI, but the question is not how to do it but how to do it via telnet.

the IP Route package (which ip addr is part of) just changes the real-time config, and doesn't commit the change to NVRAM (or JFFS for some) - so it's nice for a quick check...
Hi, I'm a bit lost here, do you mean it will be necessary to have a look at some parameters in nvram and rewrite? I would prefer another solution (if available) and do not commit nvram.

Hi, I'm a bit lost here, do you mean it will be necessary to have a look at some parameters in nvram and rewrite? I would prefer another solution (if available) and do not commit nvram.

Yes, just forget the commands - someone with direct access to a Asus based build should be able to assist there...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!