What's new

How to enable jumbo frames

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

koan00

Occasional Visitor
How do you enable the feature on this router? I read it is disabled by default, and one needs to go to the "LAN Switch Control" tab to enable it.

I am in access point mode using firmware 3.0.0.3.162 and I don't see this tab anywhere?

Manually entering the URL worked, thanks!

Is this hidden on purpose?

Hmm I only have one tab under LAN.

Attachments

• lan.jpg
    lan.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,124
But of course one still needs to use/configure the switch portion even in AP mode. Where do we report these bugs to get them fixed?

I would not worry about jumbo frames. Current generation processor interconnects and Gigabit adapters do fine without them. Enabling jumbo frames can actually reduce performance in some cases.

I understand completely. I am tuning for a specific application, namely windows 7 machine to a linux samba server. Since I am using it for media storage I am testing sequential access only.

The biggest improvement came just from software configuration enabling smb2 protocol. Testing at 9014 packet size saw reduced performance, but it appears 4088 is faster in some tests that the default 1500.

Either way, if the configuration page is not some hidden feature, it should be exposed in router mode and AP mode I'd think.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!