What's new

Unbound How to Enable "log-replies" to view Top Reply Domains"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
I've enabled the graphical stats within unbound. I noticed towards the bottom there is a way to view Todays DNS replies & Top Reply Domains by enabling log replies. Dumb question, but who do you this??? I looked inside unbound to see if I could enabled this feature but didn't see it. To anyone smarter than me, can you show me how to do this? Thanks!!!

I don't know how it's supposed to be done for the addon, but you can temporarily enable with unbound-control.
Code:
unbound-control set_option log-replies: yes
unbound-control set_option log-replies: no

I don't know how it's supposed to be done for the addon, but you can temporarily enable with unbound-control.
Code:
unbound-control set_option log-replies: yes
unbound-control set_option log-replies: no
Thanks @dave14305 , does temporarily mean after a reboot it will stop working? Thanks again for everything you do here!!!!

Thanks @dave14305 , does temporarily mean after a reboot it will stop working? Thanks again for everything you do here!!!!
Yes, it only lasts while Unbound is running. If you stop/restart Unbound it is lost. There is a way to enable logging in the Unbound Manager menus, but I don't know it offhand.

Code:
unbound_manager advanced
3 (Advanced Tools)
vb (save current config)
vx (edit config)

Scroll down to the '# integration LOG's' section and remove the '#' at the beginning of the line you wish to uncomment.

Press F3 to save the file and Enter to acknowledge.
Press F2 to exit the editor.
Type 'y' to reload the config.

Carry on with what you were doing and check the stats later on.

Code:
unbound_manager advanced
3 (Advanced Tools)
vb (save current config)
vx (edit config)

Scroll down to the '# integration LOG's' section and remove the '#' at the beginning of the line you wish to uncomment.

Press F3 to save the file and Enter to acknowledge.
Press F2 to exit the editor.
Type 'y' to reload the config.

Carry on with what you were doing and check the stats later on.
Thanks!!! Got it working with this.

When installing the GUI option I believe it use to enable this automatically. If you want to see which client made that request, then you need to disable dnsmasq under the advanced menu so it speaks to unbound first and not proxied via dnsmasq.

These details update hourly, so some delay before they start showing up (minute 57 and 59 of each hour).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!