What's new

How to get IDM to slow down while it is downloading while other devices are using my internet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
For example when I download on my PC using Internet Download Manager it makes the Roku in another room buffer/lag with Directv Now.

Sorry I forgot I have a Asus RT-AC5300 router. Thanks.

Last edited:
How did you set bandwidth parameters (as compared to service speeds)?

I don't have a 5300 but I'm guessing you're using adaptive QoS / "Customize" (and have slid "streaming" to the top and "file transfer" towards the bottom)?

On that front QoS page (where you turn it on and "tic" adaptive QoS there's also a "bandwidth setting" automatic or manual. "Tic" manual and try setting them for about 80 to 90% of your real speeds (e.g., of what you pay for or, better, of what speed tests show).

Last edited:
There's an option called "Speed limit" in your IDM (Internet Download Manager) where you can set the maximum allowed download speed for IDM.

For example when I download on my PC using Internet Download Manager it makes the Roku in another room buffer/lag with Directv Now.

Sorry I forgot I have a Asus RT-AC5300 router. Thanks.
How many connections do you have IDM running concurrently?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!