What's new

How to install Nextcloud or other cloud on R7800?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danitzi

New Around Here
I use Voxel firmware and kmoj v5. I searched but couldn't find how to install nexcloud or another backup method on my R7800 router. Readycloud does not back up my phone and I decided to use another method. Can someone help me?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your answer! But linux is not my strong point. Maybe someone who knows how to do this will develop this idea.
However, I was able to back up my photos by installing an older version of Readycloud (2.0.4) on my phone.

If linux is not strong, advice don't do it.
Been using Nextcloud a long time but can't say I did not encounter issues. My linux knowledge is good, but still I ran into some strange (security/encryption) issues.

Thanks for the reply!
As I said, I will not venture to install Nextcloud myself because I am a beginner in linux and I do not like to ruin things. Now I use an older version of ReadyCLOUD installed on my phone and it works almost well but I wish I could use Nextcloud installed on my R7800 router. I think someone will read what I wrote and I will challenge him to be able to install Nextcloud on the R7800 in the end.

Hi Danitzi,
I installed Nextcloud 20.2 according to the guide onto a R9000 with Voxel firmware 1.0.4.45.2 and kamoj 5.4b12, and ran into two differences/issues. I have a flash/thumb-drive with Entware (setup according to Voxels readme) and a 6 TB USB drive.

1. The position for the iptables command is /opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh (as per Voxels readme-file). I haven't completed the WAN port triggering (still identifying if I want it, and where to put the port triggered (virtuel?) port.

2. There was an error that Nextcloud could determine the locale 'en_US/... (etc.)'. This seems to be happening with Nextcloud some times?!? My fix was to turn of the check, as described here: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/locale-issue-prevents-login/55984/3 . I know it's not pretty, but atm I'm still testing.
Issue 2 may not occur if you used Nextcloud 19. (I didn't test this)

Nextcloud seems to work, although I have a database/writing data issue. May be related to me moving the 'data' folder after installation to my USB drive (according to solution 1, https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-change-move-data-directory-after-installation/17170 , though SQLite so no database move?) I have a suspecion it's a simple rights/attrib issue.
BR

Last edited:
I install nextcloud R9000. Problem locale. You work nextcloud voxel and entware ? Search fix locale not work. Please help

Screenshot_20210209-121713_Chrome.jpg

I have tried nextcloud on R7800, the locale problem is fine for me, it has easy workaround.

The reason I decided to drop nextcloud on R7800, is the problem with nextcloud autologin using router's login credential.

Each time nextcloud login page is accessed, the nextcloud will autologin using the router's login credential.
When the nextcloud account database does not have an account that has the same credential as router credential, a failed login will be recorded by nextcloud.
Too many of these failed login attempt will make nextcloud block the page access from that particular IP address.

When you created a nextcloud login credential same as the router login credential, whenever you access nextcloud, that particular account will be logged in automatically.
This behavior made login to other user account impossible.

I used ownCloud three or four years ago with R7800. First installation was using Entware. Final stable: using chroot-ed Debian.

IMO most right way is to use Debian with such stuffs... When nginx/php/mysql etc. are working under Debian.

Example how to install Debian to ARM router:

https://hqt.ro/how-to-install-debian-stretch-arm/

Debian 10 (Buster) for R7500/R7800/R9000/RBK50 could be downloaded from my site.

Just IMO.

Voxel.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!