What's new

How to make this network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

d.francek

New Around Here
Hello. I have fixed modem, and I have contract, so i can not change it. Upload speed is just 1 Mbit, so I have problem for waatching kameras over internet. But I can add another 4G modem, and it must be just for watching kameras over internet. All another internet traffic must pass over fixed modem, and all in network must watch kameras directly over LAN because fixed modem had FLAT, and 4G not. Is it possible to configure this network?
Connection picture

Attachments

• IP Configuration.jpg
    IP Configuration.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 149
Welcome to the forums @d.francek.

What is FLAT?

Flat is unlimited internet traffic. That is why I need all internet traffic comes through fixed modem.
In 4G modem I have just 3 Gb traffic.

Just to make the terminology on the picture clear:
1) Handy is a smartphone, right?
2) By modem you mean a device that combines modem+router+wireless access point

It seems that need a 4G modem+router with VPN support. You would need a VPN client app in the phone and computer used outside your LAN.
GL.iNet makes a series of small 4G routers with Wireguard support that might fit your needs.
Your router might also support a second WAN through a USB 4G modem, but you would have to check the specs and manual.

Yes. 1 and 2 correct.
I thought that it has simple solution with IP adresses. Like Fixed modem IP is 192.168.1.1 and 4G modem ip 192.168.1.2 and in DVR make IP config so all LAN traffic is direct through Switch, and just waching over internet comes through 4G.
In app I have opportunity to choose how i want to watch. Over LAN or over internet. So just I need to make that DVR is connected in LAN, and to internet is connected with G modem. And all other devices is not connected to 4G modem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419_115335_com.hikvision.hikconnect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419_115335_com.hikvision.hikconnect.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 114
Yes. 1 and 2 correct.
I thought that it has simple solution with IP adresses. Like Fixed modem IP is 192.168.1.1 and 4G modem ip 192.168.1.2 and in DVR make IP config so all LAN traffic is direct through Switch, and just waching over internet comes through 4G.
In app I have opportunity to choose how i want to watch. Over LAN or over internet. So just I need to make that DVR is connected in LAN, and to internet is connected with G modem. And all other devices is not connected to 4G modem.
I would not expose the cameras to the internet without a secure tunnel (established with VPN software).
I am not familiar with that app. Does it expose the cameras through some cloud service? do you trust their service?

It is Hikvision Cloud service. Do I truust im? Hikvision is not some noname company. I have lots of things at home that are connected to Internet, and I had never some problems.
So question is, is this with two modems possible?

It is Hikvision Cloud service. Do I truust im? Hikvision is not some noname company. I have lots of things at home that are connected to Internet, and I had never some problems.
So question is, is this with two modems possible?
You will need to identify the addresses of their servers and define routes to them through the second router; you will also need to identify and open the port used by their apps/services.

I never owned any of their products, but I see that they made it to the US sanctions list ;-)