What's new

how to secure an intranet network from internet intrusion?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mahlajm

New Around Here
Hey guys, first of all please excuse my poor english. I am a programmer with little knowledge of computer networking in need of a solution ASAP.
I want to have connections to two networks in one system. one connection for internet and another to an intranet. but there is a security problem. the intranet network has sensitive information on it and only users with specific IP address can use it. people in intranet network believe that having both internet and their intranet connection in one system, exposes the intranet to the hackers. how can i secure the intranet when system is connected to the internet. because of the limited resources i prefer software solutions. please show me the right direction.
thanks a lot

Unless you can give a lot more information clearly and concisely, I would be looking to hire a trusted professional to set this up as required.

Theres more than just programming, theres also planning and logics. Its very important to draw out your network diagrams and flows when planning a network. Lay out the conditions you require and the options you have. Do some research and try to learn more about networking. Cisco has many good articles to read but there are also books you can search for and read.

If you dont have those skills than doing as L&LD said would be better especially if it is critical such as a hospital network or even a commercial one.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!