What's new

How to set Policy-based routing on AC-68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

camulodunum

Occasional Visitor
Hi.

first I have to say that i'm pretty new to this world and my knowledges are pretty basics.

so my situation is this:

I have in the company an ASUS BRT-AC828 that manages my lan,and a simple NAS that is used with a program to store a daily incremental security copy and some software that uses other workers computers as servers (for example,worker 1 uses a program that uses worker 3 computer as server).

then thanks to the actual situación of covid-19 we have 2 of this computers and the backup nas in my home,and another worker has his computer in his house. and the Backup NAS doesn't have any VPN software

so I've decided to set up an OpenVPN server with TAP tunnel in the BRT-AC828 and buy a new router AC-68U for my house to use his VPN client to let the NAS work trought the VPN tunnel,and connect all my other computer disemined to the VPN client so all the computers are in the same LAN and can work like they're back in the office lan.

so I need the client in the router to get trought the VPN 2 computers and the nas (at least the NAS,the other 2 computers can work with windows ovpn client) and the rest of the devices to the usual wan conexion

I've installed the 384.15 merlin software in the AC-68U and went to this page in the github wiki

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Policy-based-routing

but at least in my router options there's no "Redirect Internet traffic option " available,so I don't know how i can set up the router to get just the devices I want trought the VPN tunnel

thnks for the help

but at least in my router options there's no "Redirect Internet traffic option " available,so I don't know how i can set up the router to get just the devices I want trought the VPN tunnel
Policy rules are not available/applicable with TAP because it is a bridged connection, not a routed connection.

Policy rules are not available/applicable with TAP because it is a bridged connection, not a routed connection.
oh,that explains a lot.

then I'll reformulate my question

¿there's any way I can set up a TUN and still acces the router setup trought the VPN?

Sorry, I can't understand what you're saying in post #1. Can you draw a picture of your current network setup?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!