What's new

How to set up AC-RT87R to run 2 xbox 360 at the same time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lovetojump69

New Around Here
Hello everyone,
i just have a quick question.
I use X360 and wired it to the router to play BF3.
Now my brother just got X360 as well to play BF3 with me, but it seems like we can't use them at the same time for some reason. My brother will be using wi-fi to play.
When one of us is connected the one Xbox is not able to connect to EA servers (that's the message) in the game and the profile is able to sign on.

Also, my Xbox is wired to the router, but i still lag at times. How do i fix that?
My IPS is cablevision and i'm on their top plan giving 100/35 speeds according to them. However i have not been able to get these speeds ever. The highest i have seen according to speedtest from my laptop is 90/40 and that was just 1 time.

Also, i noticed that my 5GHZ band for whatever reason is SLOWER that 2.4 when checking speed from my iphone. Is there a fix for that?

i am running the latest FW ending in 7885 or something like that.

Thanks!

Maximum speeds from a handheld device like a phone or pad are usually not possible. They are maximized for battery life, not performance.

Have you used the latest firmware version with a full reset to factory defaults and manually and minimally setup the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

Have you tried the RMerlin firmware?

Actually got this resolved somehow and everything worked good for 4 days!
Last saturday night it stopped working! I don't know why or how...

And now this is confirmed to be a router issue, but i connected old netgear router and everything worked from the first try!
this drives me crazy as my $260 router can't do what some old netgear does on first try without even setting anything up...

also, last night i switched firmware to Merlin, hopefully merling firmware will make this work.

What seems to be working for me was to enable UPnP and change the "UPNP: Allowed internal port range" starting port to 53.

Also, be sure to assign each xbox it's own IP. I used DHCP reservations to keep things simple.

GL

Last edited: