What's new

How to turn off AP Isolation while in bridge/repeater mode on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GJB

New Around Here
I have a RT-AC88U and RT-AC68U that are in bridge/repeater mode connected to a linksys router. I have security cameras and my phone connected to the bridge on 2G and I can see they are connected and operating as expected, but I am unable to ping them. I am assuming the AP Isolation is on, but I can not see any way to disable it while in repeater mode? Do I need to set this up as a router first, disable the AP Isolation and then set it up in repeater mode? Other options/ideas? I am new to networking and this forum, so thanks for any suggestions....

Humm, connection refused when attempting to use Putty to login. Not sure how to do what your requesting?

Got in, all values are zeros
I take that to mean ap_isolation is off. I've had a similar problem pinging a repeater from my PC, but it worked from Network Tools in GUI. However, I reset the Repeater and reconfigured it, and now I can ping from the PC. I had been messing with settings on the repeater, so I figured it was something I screwed-up.

Last edited:
It does not give you many options for settings when setting up a repeater. I have attempted it several times and can't find a solution.