What's new

How would you go about setting up a asuswrt-merlin killswitch to allow one device (a Roku s through?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matthewwashere

New Around Here
Thank you for all your help, I'm almost done and I appreciate all the material here to help me get this far, really. Can someone help me get just a tiny bit further to finish this? I'd be really really grateful for any help

After reading all the tips in this forum and the guides I was able to successfully set up my router with the killswitch enabled for all devices like I wanted with the help of this user in this thread here.

I realized I have a problem though, Netflix.

Is it possible to allow one single device to not be subjected to the VPN and it's kill switch rules but still keep the VPN up at all times for every other device and to halt all traffic for every device if the VPN drops?

I want to allow my Roku stick (I got the exact address too, 192.168.1.209) access to network connection unfiltered and no VPN, it's literally only used by the girlfriend to stream Netflix and Hulu

Is this possible? Where could I teach myself to do this?

Hi again,
sure, with the route 192.168.1.0/24 to VPN you direct all clients to VPN.
If you add a new route: 192.168.1.209 to WAN you make an exeption only for that IP.

BTW, doesn't your VPN provider allow Netflix streaming, could be handy when abroad.....

Hi again,
sure, with the route 192.168.1.0/24 to VPN you direct all clients to VPN.
If you add a new route: 192.168.1.209 to WAN you make an exeption only for that IP.

BTW, doesn't your VPN provider allow Netflix streaming, could be handy when abroad.....

You're the absolute best, thank you!

I'm sure they do allow it, but Netflix doesn't allow it. They black list most VPNs known IPs as far as I know anymore. If you're lucky and inclined to hunt down a VPN, you can find one here and there that isn't black listed, but it's a matter of time before they're added to the list too and it doesn't take long either. Hulu is the same way.

Netflix and Hulu are under pressure to box out VPN users, that way none of their users are bypassing ge0-restrictions like we're talking about. If they don't cooperate I'm sure they're being threatened by copyright owners with no option to license and stream the owners material.