What's new

How yo enable gear accelerator? [Ax88u]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JSRF_Retro

New Around Here
I'm confused how to enable gear accelerator on the 3.0.0.4.384 8018 stock firmware.
I enable my device and when I reselect the tab. It's nothing that's in the devices list. Just have to re-input my MAC address. How to have the settings saved?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200409-134933_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200409-134933_Chrome.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 950
I'm confused how to enable gear accelerator on the 3.0.0.4.384 8018 stock firmware.
I enable my device and when I reselect the tab. It's nothing that's in the devices list. Just have to re-input my MAC address. How to have the settings saved?
Same thing happens for me too -- anyone know how to get the settings to stick?

Same issue here on a RT-AX88U running on a 3.0.0.4.384_8018-g9e11eb3.

I have tried on multiple browsers and different platforms, the apply button does not appear... I'd bet on a bug related to the fw and / or hardware...

Would you know where to report the issue?
it's fixed in 384.9017
and you can report an issue that you encounter via the feedback tab under the administration page.

also, the added "gaming" page is just "one-click" gimmick, you can manually set those up easily.

the function adding a device to the priority list can be performed in the adaptive QoS page.
in the bandwidth monitor, you drag the priority option to the devices that you wish to configure. the color of the border will change accordingly.

and to enable the gaming priority feature, is basically enable "Traditional QoS"

if you later change to adaptive QoS, the function will be disabled.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!