What's new

hqt.ro down?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Huberer

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I know that this thread has nothing to do with AsusWRT but it's closed to it. For me it goes hand in hand.
Does anybody know what happened with www.hqt.ro? I always get an error that this website can't be find (with Safari browser).
I wanted to install optware-ng again and wanted to have a look on their how-do.

Any info/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Huberer

Seems to be offline, at least for me an IE11.

www.hqt.ro was hacked (again) and I'm tired to fight with them :(
I'm not sure if I will get it back online anytime soon, sorry.

If you're looking for a place to host and need OS-level control, take a look at Linode. We use them to host our own customers, and I'm kinda tempted to get a Linode myself (I would if I hadn't 2 years left on my long-term hosting plan for lostrealm).

If you're looking for a place to host and need OS-level control, take a look at Linode. We use them to host our own customers, and I'm kinda tempted to get a Linode myself (I would if I hadn't 2 years left on my long-term hosting plan for lostrealm).

Linodes are pretty cool (some might take a "cloud" exception) - I don't use them personally, but heard good things - I use someone else for a public end-point for personal stuff...

Linodes are pretty cool (some might take a "cloud" exception) - I don't use them personally, but heard good things - I use someone else for a public end-point for personal stuff...

I don't exactly consider them to be "cloud providers". They're VPS providers, offering Xen/KVM VMs (they are currently migrating from Xen to KVM). They have nicely priced packages, and their tech support is top-of-the-line. Can't say the same with that cheap basement-bargain webhost I dealed with for about a year back in the day for a phpBB forum I was managing back then...

I've been tempted to get a Linode to generate nightly firmware builds. I'm just not sure how they would respond to that kind of usage, since compiling 6-8 firmwares can be a tad CPU intensive...

I don't exactly consider them to be "cloud providers". They're VPS providers, offering Xen/KVM VMs (they are currently migrating from Xen to KVM). They have nicely priced packages, and their tech support is top-of-the-line.

True - Cloud is somewhat nebulous when referring to VPS providers... Linodes are pretty cool - DigitalOcean and Planet, and there are many others...

Oddly enough - most folks that are trying to run OpenVPN to unlock content on a Router/AP should investigate VPS hosts, and a SOCKS proxy to the home...

Oh well...

Oddly enough - most folks that are trying to run OpenVPN to unlock content on a Router/AP should investigate VPS hosts, and a SOCKS proxy to the home...

You're asking too much for the general public of this forum. o_O

Along the same line, there is lightweight, robust and efficient way to do this. For many reasons, I didn't share and don't plan to..

VPS are a better investment (only slightly more expensive than tunnel providers), but require some pretty solid technical know-how to setup and maintain.

BTW, some of these tunnel providers do offer SOCKS support. PIA is one of them.