What's new

I locked myself out of my 86u...on purpose...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy1932

Back in June, I gave my dad the 86u I bought in October 2017 and bought myself a new one. This one just doesn't feel right. Reboots. Dropped connections. DNS not responding. Etc.
BUT, I also think it could be because I'm constantly messing/tinkering with it. So, I tasked my 13yo daughter with making up a new password and entering on the admin screen. She wrote it down and hid it. Going to give it 7 days and see what happens... :)

LOL this post is a classic and a first. I to was (am) guilty of constant tinkering with routers sometimes I think that's why I am divorced. Honestly though they never stopped working as intended but I bid you good luck with your quest !!! :):Do_O

Back in June, I gave my dad the 86u I bought in October 2017 and bought myself a new one. This one just doesn't feel right. Reboots. Dropped connections. DNS not responding. Etc.
BUT, I also think it could be because I'm constantly messing/tinkering with it. So, I tasked my 13yo daughter with making up a new password and entering on the admin screen. She wrote it down and hid it. Going to give it 7 days and see what happens... :)
I have the opposite experience. I bought a 86u in September 2017, did not use for a year, then in end 2018 setup merlin firmware and have it running. Have lots of problems everyday rebooting etc.
At end could not access via gui or ssh.
Contact the seller, got a new one. This is just rock solid.

If I did that my daughter would blackmail me for something or other before telling me the password caution possible Shakey ground ahead

So, how is the experiment going?
Did you press the reset button already?
Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to post...

Believe it or not, I actually made it almost 9 days without checking. My uptime was also just under 9 days. Of course, since then, I got my password back and have been messing with a led on/off script. Current uptime is just over 1 day.
So, the results of my not so scientific test proven my issues are all because of my tinkering. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!