What's new

IFTTT and 384.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Hi

Cant get IFTTT to work. Is that a problem with this firmware level? Getting account linking failed when try to connect the first time. (AC88u)

Hi

Cant get IFTTT to work. Is that a problem with this firmware level? Getting account linking failed when try to connect the first time. (AC88u)
This firmware does not support that feature. You would need to use stock firmware for that.

thought that merlin firmware had same features as stock? (ie. airptotection etc...)
This feature is full of holes. The code is locked to Asus. The feature right now is considered a security threat. IMHO don't use it...;)

@RMerlin is that a fact? Have you officially dropped support for IFTTT on your firmware?

Thanks

No, IFTTT and Alexa are supported, however I cannot guarantee that they work properly as I don't touch either of these, and consider them to be security risks more than anything.

No, IFTTT and Alexa are supported, however I cannot guarantee that they work properly as I don't touch either of these, and consider them to be security risks more than anything.

But since you didn't do anything to "break" them and they don't work (cannot pair the router with IFTTT site) then they don't work on stock firmware either? Its very strange because I'm getting "account linking failed" all the time.

Stupid question/overfetched idea: Does it matter that port 80 and 443 are in use by my webserver?

But since you didn't do anything to "break" them and they don't work (cannot pair the router with IFTTT site) then they don't work on stock firmware either?

It could matter, since the code is closed source, therefore it's impossible for me to tell if that code is 100% compatible with my own code (like for instance, the AiMesh code is not).

Stupid question/overfetched idea: Does it matter that port 80 and 443 are in use by my webserver

Again, impossible to tell, nobody but Asus knows how this is implemented. All I know is that it requires you to be able to open your router's web interface to the WAN, which is a major security risk.

It could matter, since the code is closed source, therefore it's impossible for me to tell if that code is 100% compatible with my own code (like for instance, the AiMesh code is not).

Again, impossible to tell, nobody but Asus knows how this is implemented. All I know is that it requires you to be able to open your router's web interface to the WAN, which is a major security risk.

Thank a lot for your answers. But since you are in direct contact with Asus, can you try to make this work with your firmware pretty please? :) I understand that this is a security risk but I can make this work with my reverse proxy server later on as long as it works with the default way but right now we can't even make the pairing work.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't want to devote any development time to something I consider to be security suicide, sorry.

Hi, Merlin. This is my first post here. I've been reading you don't like too much IFTTT and also you have dropped RT-AC56U but I wonder if it would be possible to develope one last firmware for this router with IFTTT (some of us like to live in the edge). I use IFTTT for WOL and for now I have 3 apps in my cell only for WOL to work and IFTTT firmware feature would be more useful.

Hi, Merlin. This is my first post here. I've been reading you don't like too much IFTTT and also you have dropped RT-AC56U but I wonder if it would be possible to develope one last firmware for this router with IFTTT (some of us like to live in the edge). I use IFTTT for WOL and for now I have 3 apps in my cell only for WOL to work and IFTTT firmware feature would be more useful.

Support for this router was dropped over a year ago. Are you hiring RMerlin to build this for you? ;)

Not technically possible, it has to be implemented by Asus.

Support for this router was dropped over a year ago. Are you hiring RMerlin to build this for you? ;)

No, sorry. I've not money enough to buy a new router (that's why I was asking nicely) nor hiring Merlin.

Anyway, thanks for your answer, Merlin. I've been thinking it was not technically possible. I guess IFTTT package may be designed for a specific router, but I needed to ask.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!