What's new

Import settings from one router to another

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sharkus

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AC66U running Merlin 380.68_4 and I will be getting an RT-AC88U, which I’ll want to flash with Merlin, probably 382.1

What I’m wondering is if it’s possible to import the (exported) settings config file from the 66 in the 88.

Not a massive issue if I cannot, but thought I would ask

Not really, especially with the changes in how some of the config works in 382. I just screenshot everything and rebuild manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to just have both routers open in separate tabs in the browser. Go through each page as needed to make changes to the new router. It's typically even shied upon to restore config files to the same model of router. Back up config files are a matched set to that particular router and firmware version.

Thanks for the replies. Makes complete sense to just screenshot and input the info

I'm unsure whether it is different routers but restricted to the same model.
@sharkus

If you stay with the 380.64 code on the new router, you could use the tool to migrate your settings. 382 code make some changes in the way nvram is handled that I haven't figured out the best way to handle as of yet.