What's new

Infected devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S.claus

Regular Contributor
I'm concerned about if this is a false positive or if I should be concerned first it happened to my MacBook and now my iPhone both on the latest possible firmware .
AiP.PNG

I would judge that to mean that your phone viewed a Web page, probably displaying a malicious ad that tried to infect your phone but failed. Good!

I had one on my daughters phone recently, turned out to be an app called Piano, I removed it, no more threat detections

C&C Server is Command and Control Server and they can be used to send data to botnets etc.

This is a list of apps that contain it, although these were all removed from the apple store in 2017.

1. Commando Metal: Classic Contra
  2. Super Pentron Adventure: Super Hard
  3. Classic Tank vs Super Bomber
  4. Super Adventure of Maritron
  5. Roy Adventure Troll Game
  6. Trap Dungeons: Super Adventure
  7. Bounce Classic Legend
  8. Block Game
  9. Classic Bomber: Super Legend
  10. Brain It On: Stickman Physics
  11. Bomber Game: Classic Bomberman
  12. Classic Brick – Retro Block
  13. The Climber Brick
  14. Chicken Shoot Galaxy Invaders

I would run a malware scan on the devices and see if it picks up anything.

That said it is also possible it's a false positive, or from an dodgy website as mentioned above.

Thank you @dlandiss and @BreakingDad. My only concern is still that it's listed under the infected devices tab instead of the malicious site tab

Thank you @dlandiss and @BreakingDad. My only concern is still that it's listed under the infected devices tab instead of the malicious site tab
Given the page title "...Prevention and Blocking," and the further comment "...Successfully Protected," I would still say that AiProtection did just what is was supposed to do.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!