What's new

Intel 9560NGW wlan card - what else do I need?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iSeeker

New Around Here
What else do I need to get my wlan card up and running?

So, I bought an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 used off ebay for the purpose of running a Blue Iris machine for my IP Cameras. Looked up the specs and it accets the 9560 wlan card. Great! I buy it used on ebay. When I crack the desktop to install, I found out I don't have any antenna cord or antenna. Do I also need a pci-e x 1 card to stick the antenna in to?

I believe I need a MHF4 to RP-SMA cable plus antennas. I've found this on ebay, which looks like a 2.4ghz antenna. This card supports some great speeds (and my synology rt2600ac router supports 160mhz channels I've confirmed) but what they hell do I need, besides the wlan card to get this working.

Any help appreciated. I'm lost.

Well, just found out that I can't add a wifi card to this machine. Support (after confirming my serial number) said something like "if it wasn't stamped on to the mother board, it won't work". So, I can't use the intel 9560 wlan card I bought. I guess that is why this doesn't have any type of antenna built in that some may have. FYI. Wanted for configuring/troubleshooting in more comfortable area. Will be hardwired, obviously, for blue Iris machine but disappointing that I can't add a good wifi card even though it has a slot on the motherboard. Probably could add a usb wifi dongle, but...not the same quality. I've never heard of this before...just wasn't even on my radar.

Many computers, apparently including yours, use a whitelist/blacklist to control the internal cards that can be used. This is a common problem encountered when trying to change internal Wi-Fi cards.

You should be able to add any USB Wi-Fi adapter without a problem.

Many computers, apparently including yours, use a whitelist/blacklist to control the internal cards that can be used. This is a common problem encountered when trying to change internal Wi-Fi cards.

You should be able to add any USB Wi-Fi adapter without a problem.

To be clear, HP support was saying NO wlan card (not just a list) either placed on the MB or pci slot. I’d never heard of that when the mb has the slots.

Called another tech and he explained further that the “feature byte” may not have been enabled on the motherboard for WiFi. Is that something I can fix myself?