What's new

IP Camera UID

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Om3r

New Around Here
Hi, i bought a IP Camera for my house and did the setup. It's working like expected but i have some security question. I am using Asus router and the camera is connected over Wifi to router. The camera have a UID and a temporary password that i changed later. Today from my work, i tried the camera and i was able to access.

I am trying to understand how it connected? The camera is behind the router. If someone have the UID and password it means they can connect to camera from anywhere?

Last edited:
Being able to remotely access your home camera is usually marketed as a desirable "feature". (Marketing people have no understanding of security!). Remote access should be explained in the manual that came with the camera, hopefully with options to turn it off.

If someone have the UID and password it means they can connect to camera from anywhere?
Correct.