What's new

Ipad recently having issues with this Forum ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Anyone else having issues with this forum using ipad devices ? Not all but many times browsing the forums here my ipad will say (There was a problem with this website and the page needs to reload) this happens sometimes over and over till the browser crashes. Never had this issue in the past any ideas whats going on all other websites render just fine. Also got the IOS 9.3 update last night and the same issue still there. :( Using my computer with IE-11 and Chrome all is good except large adds popping up right in the middle of the screen sometimes.

depending on what band you are connecting to mac's can have compatibility issue with wide bands

so try connecting to your router and set the 2.4 gig channel to 20mhz only and set ether ch 1 , 6 or 11

Thanks for the reply but i only use the 5 Ghz band and have for some time. This issue has just started recently and is present on two different routers so i doubt that whats causing the problem as stated this forum is the only site it has issues with. Last week i even set the ipad back to factory default and completely reconfigured t and it still does it. Strange indeed.

Same problem here since a few weeks.

this is only happening using chrome. Neither safari nor firefox are behaving this way.

I've just updated to IOS 9.3.1 but no changes.

I think I've found the problem.

Just disabling pre-loading of webpages in Chrome seems to avoid the problem.
Don't know the exact menu names in english but this can be done be under Chrome Settings --> Bandwidth or something like that

Hope it helps @Kal-EL

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. Too bad as the iPad using chrome is the best format for me to view the site. I disabled pre-load and it significantly reduces the problem but it still happens. I don't care for tapatalk but it does work.

On a PC, the forums are unusable without an add blocker. And I don't think it is fair to Tim Higgins (or any site owner to use them). But sometimes it is the only way to be able to view a site.

Same issue here (5GHz, iPad Air 2 using chrome) no matter what the bandwidth setting is on.

For a better experience to view the site try the Tapatalk app for now. You can always go back once the issue is found.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!