What's new

iPhone connects to wifi, no internet. Android works fine..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

apollo18

Occasional Visitor
hey guys i have a network with an ac68u as the main router and a bunch of asus/other routers in access point mode. this setup has worked fine for the past 6 months, never had any problems, and iove never had issues,

a couple days ago i think we had a power surge or soemthing so my router 87u died, and i didnt wanna lose internet connection so i quickly hooked up my backup 68u as the main router.

however now im coming accross an issue where iphone users cannot get internet connection however there wifi is connected. it only happens with some iphones, my iphone works fine but a bunch of other people are having these problems, however every android works fine. i also noticed if i bring the troubled iphone to the main router and connect to that netowrk it works fine but if I connect to an access point it will say "no internet connection". after restarting the routers and the phone i can usually get it connected but this seems to be an ongoing problem.

what do u guys recommend i do? there must be some setting that is making this happen in my asus wrt merlin

tldr: iphone users connect but no internet connection, android works fine!

hey guys i have a network with an ac68u as the main router and a bunch of asus/other routers in access point mode. this setup has worked fine for the past 6 months, never had any problems, and iove never had issues,

a couple days ago i think we had a power surge or soemthing so my router 87u died, and i didnt wanna lose internet connection so i quickly hooked up my backup 68u as the main router.

however now im coming accross an issue where iphone users cannot get internet connection however there wifi is connected. it only happens with some iphones, my iphone works fine but a bunch of other people are having these problems, however every android works fine. i also noticed if i bring the troubled iphone to the main router and connect to that netowrk it works fine but if I connect to an access point it will say "no internet connection". after restarting the routers and the phone i can usually get it connected but this seems to be an ongoing problem.

what do u guys recommend i do? there must be some setting that is making this happen in my asus wrt merlin

tldr: iphone users connect but no internet connection, android works fine!
Dumb question, but you have already installed latest RMerlin and did a hard reset after right?

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

Your post isn't really clear what happened? You're using an RT-AC68U for the last few months but your RT-AC87U died? :)

Have you tried forgetting the network on the affected iPhones? Have you tried on the phones a network reset?

Can you try a new/never before used/ SSID and see if the problem still persists?

Your post isn't really clear what happened? You're using an RT-AC68U for the last few months but your RT-AC87U died? :)

Have you tried forgetting the network on the affected iPhones? Have you tried on the phones a network reset?

Can you try a new/never before used/ SSID and see if the problem still persists?

hmm, so i ended up turning my modem into a gateway and disconnecting the ac68u, and going thru there.
so rn my connection is:

modem as gateway ----> switch -----> access point ------> daisy changed to more access points (have like 8 of em)

im still having the same issue, some devices connect and get internet and some just get the 'no internet access"

i assume it has to be my wifi network or my switch? just makes no sense to me.

probably have to recreate the networks on every access point?

this used to work perfectly fine for more then 1 year but for some reason been getitng mad problems in the past couple weeks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!