What's new

IPSec/iKev2 connections dropping after 8 hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TekiNinjo

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I have been using Merlins FW on my AC68 router for a long time now, but I have a problem I can´t really wrap my head around:

I am using several Virtual Machines which all are using bridged network and have a static IP from the router.
They all are connected to different VPN via IKEV2 connection.

All virtual Machines are being disconnected after 8 hours of rock steady connection and I don´t have a clue why, I cannot seem to find any "lease time" or whatever that covers those 8 hours.

Anyone got an idea for me?

Thanks
Tom

Is there anything in the router's syslog at the time of the disconnect? What about the logs of the computer hosting the VM's?

I emptied the Syslog of the router two days ago to being able to easier locate stuff, but since those two days it is empty.
The eventlog on the Win10 Host shows nothing around that time of the disconnects, and the eventlog of the VMs only shows that DNS could not be resolved because both DNS servers were unreachable.

Sorry, don't know.

I've seen the same thing (client is disconnected after 8 hours when using IPsec) when connecting to a Cisco ASA. But you say that this happens with multiple clients, presumably connecting to different VPN servers at different times, so it can't be that.