What's new

iptables, chromecast, netflix, tunlr

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

odiovidio

Occasional Visitor
Alright. I've set up Tunlr according to the wiki for use with Netflix. All of my devices are now able to get US Netflix with one exception: Chromecast.

I found this suggestion on the XDA forums for a possible workaround.

So I tried to copy it for my configuration and used the following:
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.8.8 -s 192.168.5.25 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.5.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.4.4 -s 192.168.5.25 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.5.1

192.168.5.25 is the chromecast and 192.168.5.1 is my router.

This doesn't seem to work properly. Also, I can't tell if the iptable rules are actually being enforced since doing an
Code:
iptables -L -t nat
doesn't show them.

How can i tell if my iptables rules are actually being used? And should this work for the chromecast?

Alright. I've set up Tunlr according to the wiki for use with Netflix. All of my devices are now able to get US Netflix with one exception: Chromecast.

I found this suggestion on the XDA forums for a possible workaround.

So I tried to copy it for my configuration and used the following:
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.8.8 -s 192.168.5.25 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.5.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.4.4 -s 192.168.5.25 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.5.1

192.168.5.25 is the chromecast and 192.168.5.1 is my router.

This doesn't seem to work properly. Also, I can't tell if the iptable rules are actually being enforced since doing an
Code:
iptables -L -t nat
doesn't show them.

How can i tell if my iptables rules are actually being used? And should this work for the chromecast?

If you add the "-v" flag, you will see how many packets are matched against each rules.

Code:
iptables -t nat -L -v

Can someone help me please, just got myself a chromecast so need to do as described above.

I use these rules manually entered from telnet and works fine

Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.8.8 -j DNAT --to-destination 176.67.84.19
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.4.4 -j DNAT --to-destination 178.79.166.52

How can I make these rules survive a reboot of the RT-N66. I've tried adding them to /jffs/scripts/nat-start but doesn't seem to work.

How should I do it ?

Can someone help me please, just got myself a chromecast so need to do as described above.

I use these rules manually entered from telnet and works fine

Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.8.8 -j DNAT --to-destination 176.67.84.19
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 8.8.4.4 -j DNAT --to-destination 178.79.166.52

How can I make these rules survive a reboot of the RT-N66. I've tried adding them to /jffs/scripts/nat-start but doesn't seem to work.

How should I do it ?

Don't forget to put a shebang at the start of your script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

And also to make it executable:

Code:
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/nat-start

Then, test it manually:

Code:
/jffs/scripts/nat-start
iptables -t nat -L -v

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!