What's new

IPTV edit ISP Profile?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nahventure

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys. I have movistar, and I'm pretty sure the provided stb profile is for spain, which is basically the same with the only difference being different vlan tags.

also, do these support IPTV over wireless? My STB's support 5ghz ac wifi, and I'm not sure the custom setting has support for wireless.

I'm using Movistar in Spain, I don't think vlan tags are different ( 6: internet, 3: VoIP, 2: IPTV).

Movistar sells WiFi TV-decos (I assume it is what you call STB), which work on 5GHz WiFi.

However, I can confirm that Movistar IPTV works on WiFI, since I have the following scenario working:

Fiber ONT <---> |Asus RT-AC3200| ) ) ) WiFi 5GHz ( ( ( |Raspberry Pi 1 + WifiAC USB dongle| <-->MovistarTV Deco

That is, my TV deco doesn't support WiFi and is connected with eth cable to a Raspi working as WiFi client (LeDe/Openwrt installed). Just needed to configure Raspi with igmpproxy and some firewall rules to allow upstream/downstream of multicast traffic as well as DNS (movistar uses a DNS range for IPTV).

My Asus RT-AC3200 is on Asus-Merlin 384.11

Hey guys. I have movistar, and I'm pretty sure the provided stb profile is for spain, which is basically the same with the only difference being different vlan tags.

also, do these support IPTV over wireless? My STB's support 5ghz ac wifi, and I'm not sure the custom setting has support for wireless.
Hi, could you solve the problem, I'm from Argentina and I've the same problem with Movistar, I need to configure IPTV for the STB.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!