What's new

IPTV in Media Bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jabben

New Around Here
Hi

I have IPTV delivered from my Swedish ISP (Bredbandsbolaget). The VDSL modem (Thomson TGV789) has a specific ethernet port for the IPTV traffic.

Now a want to set up a wireless link between the modem and my STB for the IPTV traffic, for this purpose I've got two AC66U routers (Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374_130-gc778cfa).

I've connected the first router's (the sender) WAN port to the modem. The second router (the receiver) is set in "Media Bridge" mode, and appears to find the sending router. And I've connected the STB to one of the LAN ports of the receiving router.

But according to the STB, there is no signal.

What more do I have to do configure to make this work?

(I have tried playing around with the LAN->IPTV->* settings on the sending router, but without any success).

Kind regards,

Jacob

Have you set the first router in AP mode or Router mode?

Try to set it to AP mode, it might be that the NATing hides the iptv communication.

Is the IPTV sent as multicast? If so, the Asus is broken for this. In the UK, British Telecom transmit TV via multicast, and nobody can get it to work with an Asus router while it works fine with others. Asus support are saying stupid things and don't understand the problem so nobody has got anywhere in resolving it. But in the first instance, for your specific set-up you should try setting to AP mode first.

Thanks for your reply jonstatt. I'm not sure whether my ISP is using multicast or something else. Anyway, it works for me now after having changed the sending router to AP mode. Hope you find a solution for your problem.

/jacob

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!