What's new

IPTV: Multiple Set Top Boxes - Add LAN port for 3rd STB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nigel Chow

New Around Here
Good day kind Sirs,

I have a RT-AC68U, using the Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54.2 firmware.

Currently, I have 2 Set Top Boxes (STB) which are connected to my LAN port 3 and LAN port 4.

Both STBs are working fine.

However, I wish to add another STB in another room. Currently, LAN port 1 on my router is un-used and I would like to use that for my 3rd STB.

Could anyone please enlighten me on how to add another row under the IPTV tab for LAN port 1, so that I can use it for my 3rd STB?

Kindly refer to attached for clearer understanding.

Please also let me know if I have missed out any details that you may need in order to advise me on this matter.

Thank you very much

Regards,
Nigel

Attachments

• add lan port for IPTV.jpg
    add lan port for IPTV.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 572
Hello,
Without any change in the router firmware, you can add a simple switch into an Asus IPTV port ...

Dear roylion15,

I am not sure what do you mean by that? Could you kindly elaborate?

Apologies as I am not too technically inclined, a step by step instruction would be much appreciated!

Under the IPTV tab, LAN port 1 isnt being assigned for IPTV.

I am hoping to add LAN port 1 inside this IPTV tab, under the "Manual" configuration settings.

Internet VID 10 PRIO 0
LAN port 4 VID 20 PRIO 4 (STB #1)
LAN port 3 VID 20 PRIO 4 (STB #2)
LAN port 1 VID 20 PRIO 4 (STB#3)

Kindly advise on how to add the above UNDERLINED so that I am able to add a 3rd STB to my network.

Cheers

Hello,
By adding a little switch (4 ports by example), you can use only 1 router LAN port in the second VLAN (VID20) and connect all your STB's on this switch without any modification in the firmware.

You can do this via SSH, and I have read a sultion on this forum before, so use the search, and I thing you will be able to find it.