What's new

IPv6 on AC87 [solved]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dyn5

Occasional Visitor
I am living here in Germany and my AC87 is behind a Speedport Router from Telekom Germany.

I am using the ASUS wifi (speedport is for internet and dect only).

Anyway last weekend I tried to turn on ipv6 on my AC87, because I noticed the speedport is already connected online with ipv6.

But the Speedport W724V only offers a LAN prefix 56.

I turned on the ipv6 feature on the AC87 leaving the settings to automatic and the router is not offering any prefix.

My client pc’s can’t get any ipv6 adress because of that.

And the traffic on the speedport is slowing down aswell.

It seems the ASUS tries to get a ipv6 adress (the log from the speedport goes nuts with DHCP request entries).

On the other hand, if I leave the settings to native and set everything up I will lose the settings next time the speedport reboots because he will receive a new IP.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I am living here in Germany and my AC87 is behind a Speedport Router from Telekom Germany.

I am using the ASUS wifi (speedport is for internet and dect only).

Is your AC87 in AP mode? If so, I'm not sure any IPv6 setting on AC87 is used at all. Perhaps you shall look into Speedsport and enable Router Advertisement..

Is your AC87 in AP mode? If so, I'm not sure any IPv6 setting on AC87 is used at all. Perhaps you shall look into Speedsport and enable Router Advertisement..

the ac87 router is acting as wireless router and router advertisement is also set in speedport

I believe asuswrt/merlin only supports /64 IPv6 subnet. Regardless automatic or not, it'll use /64..

What I would try is on Speedport, set a /64 subnet out of /56 which is perfectly fine if Speedport's firmware let u do that.

Next on asuswrt/merlin > IPv6. Select Native, disable DHCP-PD and select Stateless. Enter /64 prefix (that you set in Speedport in the previous step) in LAN IPv6 Address.

I think this shall get your IPv6 LAN to start up..

thank you i will try that

the settings in speedport is fixed but i will report if it's working

I am using a FritzBox 7490 now and the AC87u is behind it with NAT disabled on the FritzBox. IPv6 working flawless.