What's new

IPv6 on BT with 380.65 on RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

de carabas

Occasional Visitor
I've enabled IPv6 on my router, applied and rebooted but it's not picking up an IPv6 address. As far as I can find on the internet, BT should be fully enabled.

Anyone out there using IPv6 successfully with BT?

I've enabled IPv6 on my router, applied and rebooted but it's not picking up an IPv6 address. As far as I can find on the internet, BT should be fully enabled.

Yes working fine for me on a 3200 running 380.65. I just have connection type set to native on interface PPP on the IPV6 tab

Attachments

• BT-IPV6.png
    BT-IPV6.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 356
That's what I have but no joy for me. Should the LAN side piece still be populated though?

I also the following in the log
Feb 23 20:58:52 pppd[493]: IPV6CP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Attachments

• RT-N66U - IPv6.png
    RT-N66U - IPv6.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:

I have the same settings on my RT-N66U also with BT it works no problem just completed the fields and hit Apply

I have the same settings on my RT-N66U also with BT it works no problem just completed the fields and hit Apply
Thanks.

I exchanged live chat messages with BT earlier and was told that it should work for me but support wasn't really able to deal with this level of technical question so I should subscribe to the £8 a month tech expert service to get help.....

Anyway, I'll go hunting in the loft this weekend and see if I can find the homehub from BT and see if that will get an IPv6 connection. If that works I'll try a full reset on my RT-N66U.

Well, I found that none of the other routers I have are IPv6 capable, so I've reset and reconfigured my RT-N66U and then gone back to stock firmware, both with no joy.
In discussions on the BT forum it looks like even though BT claim to be fully IPv6 enabled, there are areas of the country where it's not working reliably and there's no way to check if it's you (other than not getting assigned an address).
Typical.