What's new

IPv6 preferred & valid lifetime

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

microchip

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Using latest stable Marlin release for the AC66U. I recently got native IPv6 from my ISP. The ISP offers dynamic IPv6 addresses and I've noticed two small issues

1)

If I change anything on the IPv6 page, the router loses its IPv6 settings, including its IPv6 address. The only way to fix that is to reboot the router. Changing something and hitting Apply button does not make a difference. Reboot is the only option I've found. Yes, I've done all the household stuff, like clearing the nvram, factory reset, etc

2)

When I telnet to the router and do a ip a it displays for valid_lft and preferred_lft being forever while my ISP offers addresses with a valid_lft of 7 days and preferred_lft of 1 day. Should I be concerned about this that it would stop working after the time expires?

PS: it would be nice if the fw displays the WAN IPv6 address on the IPv6 page. Now I have to go to the log page to find out which IPv6 IP and gateway the WAN has

Last edited: